I had a good day today. I found out this morning that I did get the job, provided that Nicole doesn't tell them something that is a deal-breaker. Considering that she's willing to live with me for the next year, I kind of don't think I have anything to worry about.
I went out to dinner with some young ladies after church tonight. It wasn't going to just be girls, but a couple of guys who were coming decided to go elsewhere and one girl's husband went home, so we had girls' night. We had a great time. I laughed so hard that it started to hurt. We decided that we need to do that more often.
At dinner one of the young ladies mentioned forming a cooking class (I mentioned this briefly before, I think, as a possibility with "Grandma") that would be a Bible study. To make a long story short I volunteered to lead the Bible study part of the meetings since Grandma was more comfortable cooking than teaching. This is something that I would really like to do. My pastor's wife from CA told me that she thought I would make a great Bible teacher and I have a desire to do that, so I consider this a great opportunity. It will be a challenge, certainly, and I imagine that I will not be a stellar teacher from day 1, but we all have to start somewhere. Every great teacher had a first time teaching. This is a ministry that I would choose if I could choose any. I would appreciate prayer about this, since teaching the Bible is a great responsibility and is not to be taken lightly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Angie, that's wonderful. Prais the Lord.
The Lord will give you wisdom in teaching those ladies. May He bless this ministry. That is great news!
That is so good that you got the job.
Thanks, you two.
oh, oops, I was so excited about about your teaching, that I forgot to tell you congrats on the job. I knew you would get it!
Congrats on getting the job!
When do you start teaching at the bible study? Is there a way you can make a section of your site to always list the prayer requests you have?
The Bible study would probably start in the fall, which is good, since it gives me some time to decide what to teach. I do know that it is going to be teaching from the Bible and not going through a book (no Ravi Zacharias, sorry).
I can put prayer requests in the sidebar, I suppose. That would probably be the best place for it. Good suggestion. :)
Post a Comment